- A period of time spent doing or being something. A spell.
- He had a in jail.
- (context, archaic, intransitive) To stop (an action); cease, desist.
- (context, obsolete, intransitive) To stop speaking or talking (of a subject).
- Late C14: Now wol I stynten of this Arveragus, / And speken I wole of Dorigen his wyf " Geoffrey Chaucer, "The Franklin's Tale", Canterbury Tales
- (intransitive) To be sparing or mean.
- The next party you throw, don't on the beer.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for stint for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of stint