- A place where a vehicle (especially a train) may stop.
- The next is Esperanza.
- A place where one stands or stays in order to perform a task.
- From my at the front door, I greeted every visitor.
- Area of a restaurant allocated to one waiter or waitress.
- A military base.
- She had a boyfriend at the .
- A place used for broadcasting radio or television.
- I used to work at a radio .
- A broadcasting entity.
- I used to listen to that radio .
- (Australia & NZ) A very large sheep or cattle farm
- There was movement at the , for the word had passed around, that the colt from old Regret had got away (A. B. Patterson, poet)
- To put in place to perform a task.
Etymology: Via and from statio
- The host stationed me at the front door to greet visitors.
- To put in place to perform military duty.
- They stationed me overseas just as fighting broke out.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for station for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of station