- (countable) A compartment for a single animal in a stable or cattle shed.
- (countable) A small open-fronted shop.
- A very small room used for a shower or a toilet.
- Rabbit eases from the king-size bed, goes into their bathroom with its rose-colored one-piece Fiberglas tub and shower stall, and urinates into the toilet of a matching rose porcelain. - "Rabbit at Rest", by John Updike
- (countable) A seat in a theatre close to and (about) level with the stage.
- (aeronautics) loss, Loss of lift due to an airfoil's critical angle of attack being exceeded.
- (intransitive) To come to a standstill.
- (intransitive) (aeronautics) To exceed the critical angle of attack, resulting in total loss of lift.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for stall for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of stall