- A sensation perceived by the ear caused by the vibration of air or some other medium. (He turned when he heard the of footsteps behind him.)
- Nobody made a .
- A vibration capable of causing this.
- (intransitive) To produce a sound.
adjective (sounder, soundest)
- When the horn sounds, be careful.
- (rfex) (transitive) To state or utter, especially with deliberation; to repeat.
- (transitive) To cause to produce a sound.
- He sounds the instrument.
- (intransitive) To arise or to be recognizable as arising within a particular area of law.
- "There can be no doubt that claims brought pursuant to Â§ 1983 in tort."
- -City of Monterey v. Del Monte Dunes at Monterey, Ltd., 526 U.S. 687, 709 (1999).
- healthy, Healthy.
- He was safe and .
- complete, Complete, solid, or secure.
- Fred assured me the floorboards were .
- (context, British, slang) Good or a good thing.
- "How are you?" - "I'm ."
- That's a track you're playing.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sound for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of sound