- A general type.
- (informal) A person.
- This guy's a decent sort.
- An act of sorting.
- I had a sort of my cupboard
- (computing) An algorithm for sorting a list of items into a particular order.
- (transitive) To separate according to certain criterion, criteria.
- (transitive) To arrange into some order, especially numerically, alphabetically or chronologically.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sort for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of sort