- (Christianity) Jesus Christ, whom Christians believe to be the son of God.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Son for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Son
- A male child, a boy or man in relation to his parents; one's male child.
Etymology: Middle English < Old English sunu < Proto-Germanic
- The Chinese and Indians say all too often: "I want a , not a daughter."
- A male adopted person in relation to his adoption parents.
- A male person who has such a close relationship with an older or otherwise more authoritative person that he can be regarded as a of the other person.
- A male person considered to have been significantly shaped by some external influence.
- He was a of the mafia system.
- A male descendant.
- The pharaohs were believed to be sons of the Sun.
- A familiar address to a male person from an older or otherwise more authoritative person.
- sunuz < Proto-Indo-European
- sunyu- < PIE root
- su- (to give birth).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for son for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of son