- A deliberate affront or slight.
verb (snubb, ing)
- I hope the people we couldn't invite don't see it as a .
- A sudden checking of a cable or rope.
- (transitive) To slight, ignore or behave coldly toward someone.
- (transitive) To turn down; to dismiss.
- He snubbed my offer to help.
- (transitive) To stub out (a cigarette etc).
- (transitive) To halt the movement of a rope etc by turning it about a cleat or bollard etc; to secure a vessel in this manner.
- conspicuously short
- a snub-nosed revolver
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for snub for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of snub