- Language that is outside of conventional usage.
- Language that is unique to a particular profession or subject; jargon.
- The specialized language of a social group, sometimes used to make what is said unintelligible to those not members of the group; cant.
- (context, transitive, dated) To vocally abuse, or shout at.
- 1888: Also, he had to keep his temper when he was slanged in the theatre porch by a policeman " Rudyard Kipling, "Miss Youghal's Sais", Plain Tales from the Hills (Folio Society 2007, p. 26)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for slang for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of slang