- An article of clothing, usually worn by woman, women and girls, that hangs from the waist and covers the lower part of the body.
- The part of a dress or robe that hangs below the waist.
- Something resembling a skirt.
- (slang) A woman.
- A part that serves as a border or edging.
Etymology: From Old Norse skyrta, from Germanic
- To be on or form the border of.
- To move around or along the border of; to avoid the center of.
- skurtijon. Compare shirt.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for skirt for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of skirt