- The way in which something is positioned vis-í -vis its surroundings.
- 1908: w:Kenneth Grahame, Kenneth Grahame, w:The Wind in the Willows, The Wind in the Willows
- : ...he being naturally an underground animal by birth and breeding, the of Badger's house exactly suited him and made him feel at home; while the Rat, who slept every night in a bedroom the windows of which opened on a breezy river, naturally felt the atmosphere still and oppressive.
- The place in which something is situated; a location.
- Position or status with regard to conditions and circumstances.
- The combination of circumstances at a given moment; a state of affairs.
- A position of employment; a post.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for situation for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of situation