- A bounding straight edge of an object.
verb (sid, ing)
- A square has four sides.
- A flat surface of a solid object.
- A cube has six sides.
- The left or right half of something.
- Which of the tray shall I put it on?
- A region in a specified position with respect to something.
- Meet me on the north of the monument.
- One surface of a sheet of paper (used instead of "page", which can mean one or both surfaces.)
- John wrote 15 sides for his essay!
- One possible aspect of a concept.
- Look on the bright .
- One set of competitors in a game.
- Which has kick-off?
- A group having a particular allegiance in a conflict or competition.
- In the second world war, the Italians were on the of the Germans.
- (context, sports, billiards, snooker, pool) sidespin, Sidespin
- He had to put a bit of on to hit the pink ball
- A television channel, usually as opposed to the one currently being watched.
- I just want to see what's on the other — James said there was a good film on tonight.
- (US, colloquial) A side dish.
- Do you want a of cole-slaw with that?
- (usually with "with") To be in an alliance with.
- Which will you with, good or evil?
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for side for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of side