noun the sick (collective noun)
- Those people as a group who are sick.
- We have to cure the .
- (context, rare) (alternative spelling of, sic)
- 1938, Eugene Gay-Tifft, translator, The Saga of Frank Dover by Johannes Buchholtz, 2005 Kessinger Publishing edition, ISBN 141915222X, page 125,
- :When we were at work swabbing the deck, necessarily barelegged, Pelle would the dog on us; and it was an endless source of pleasure to him when the dog succeeded in fastening its teeth in our legs and making the blood run down our ankles.
- 1957, w:J. D. Salinger, J. D. Salinger, "Zooey", in, 1961, w:Franny and Zooey, Franny and Zooey, 1991 LB Books edition, page 154,
- : "...is just something God sicks on people who have the gall to accuse Him of having created an ugly world."
- 2001 (publication date), Anna Heilman, Never Far Away: The Auschwitz Chronicles of Anna Heilman, University of Calgary Press, ISBN 1552380408, page 82,
- :Now they find a new entertainment: they the dog on us.
- In poor health
- (colloquial) Mentally unstable, disturbed.
- (colloquial) In bad taste.
- That's a joke.
- Having an urge to vomit.
- (context, slang) Very good, excellent, awesome.
- This tune is .
- In poor condition
- ( building syndrome; my car is looking pretty ; my job prospects are pretty )
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sick for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of sick