- the act of shuffling cards
verb (shuffl, es)
- He made a real mess of the last shuffle
- a rhythm commonly used in blues music. Consists of a series of triplet notes with the middle note missing, so that it sounds like a long note followed by a short note. Sounds like a walker dragging one foot.
- (idiom) to get lost in the shuffle: to lack attention when you deserve it.
- (transitive) to mix up (cards) in a random order before a card game
- (intransitive) to walk without picking up one's feet
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for shuffle for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of shuffle