- The act of shaking something.
verb (shakes, shaking, shook, shaken)
- The cat gave the mouse a .
- A milkshake.
- Ground-up marijuana.
- (transitive) (ergative) To cause (something) to move rapidly from side to side.
- The earthquake shook the building.
- (transitive) To disturb emotionally; to shock.
- Her father's death shook her terribly.
- (transitive) To lose, evade, or get rid of (something)
- I can't the feeling that I forgot something.
- (intransitive) To move from side to side.
- She shook with grief.
- (intransitive) To shake hands.
- OK, let's on it.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for shake for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of shake