- perceptible, Perceptible by the mind or senses.
- easily, Easily perceived; appreciable.
- able, Able to feel or perceive.
- Of or pertaining to the senses; sensory.
- cognizant, Cognizant; having the perception of something; aware of something.
- act, Acting with or showing good sense; able to make good judgements based on reason.
Etymology: From sensibilis.
- 2005, w:Plato, Plato, Sophist. Translation by Lesley Brown. w:Stephanus pagination, 230b.
- :They ask questions of someone who thinks he's got something to say on some matter when actually he hasn't.
- Characterized more by usefulness or practicality than by fashionableness, especially of clothing.
- 1999, Neil Gaiman, Stardust (2001 Perennial Edition), p. 8,
- :They would walk, on fair evenings, around the village, and discuss the theory of crop rotation, and the weather, and other such matters.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sensible for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of sensible