verb (secur, ing)
adjective (securer, securest, more)
- To make secure (in all the above senses).
Etymology: From securus.
- Free from attack or danger; protected.
- Free from the danger of theft; safe.
- Free from the risk of eavesdropping, interception or discovery; secret.
- Free from anxiety or doubt; unafraid.
- Firm and not likely to fail; stable.
- Free from the risk of financial loss; reliable.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for secure for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of secure