- a part of a circle, extending to the center
- (computing) a fixed-sized unit (traditionally 512 bytes) of sequential data stored on a track of a digital medium (compare to block)
- (Military) An area designated by boundaries within which a unit operates, and for which it is responsible.
- (Military) One of the subdivisions of a coastal frontier.
- (scifi) a fictional region of space designated for navigational or governance purposes; for instance, W:Sector (Star Trek), W:List of Star Wars sectors
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sector for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of sector