- A place in which to sit.
- There are two hundred seats in this classroom.
- The part of an object or individual (notably the buttocks) directly involved in sitting.
- Place the of your pants on the of this chair.
- A membership in an organization, particularly a representative body.
- Our neighbor has a at the stock exchange and in congress.
- The location of a governing body.
- Washington D.C. is the of the U.S. government.
- (certain Commonwealth countries) an electoral district, especially for a national legislature.
- (transitive): To put an object into a place where it will rest.
Etymology: Via Middle English from Old Norse síti, compare Old English set
- Be sure to the gasket properly before attaching the cover.
- (transitive): To provide places to sit.
- This classroom seats two hundred students.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for seat for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of seat