- A loud, emphatic, exclamation of extreme emotion, usually horror, fear, excitement et cetera. Can be the exclamation of a word, but is usually a sustained, high-pitched vowel sound, particularly /í¦/ or /i/, in any case, the loudest and most emphatic sound a human can make tends to be a scream. The term is not generally applied to sounds made by non-humans.
- A form of singing associated with the metal and screamo styles of music. It is a loud, rough, distorted version of the voice; rather than the normal voice of the singer.
- To make the sound of a scream.
- To move quickly; to race.
Etymology: shreamen (cf Old Norwegian skríma)
- ''He almost hit a pole, the way he came screaming down the hill.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for scream for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of scream