verb (scop, ing)
- A short version of periscope, or telescope or oscilloscope
- The breadth, depth or reach of a subject; a domain.
- a device used in aiming a projectile, through which the person aiming looks at the intended target
- (computing)The scope of an identifier is the region of a program source within which it represents a certain thing.
- To perform a cursory investigation, as to scope out.
- To perform arthroscopic surgery.
- The surgeon will the football player's knee to repair damage to a ligament.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for scope for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of scope