- Any cup- or bowl-shaped tool, usually including a handle used to lift and move loose or soft solid material.
- ''She kept a in the dog food
- The amount or volume of loose or solid material held by a particular scoop.
- Use one of coffee for each pot.
- I'll have one of chocolate ice-cream
- A story or fact; especially, news learned and reported before anyone else.
- He listened carefully, in hopes of getting the scoop on the debate.
- (automotive) An opening in a hood/bonnet or other body panel to admit air, usually for cooling the engine.
- The digging attachment on a front-end loader.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for scoop for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of scoop