noun (scarves, pl2=scarfs)
- A long, often knitted, garment worn around the neck.
- A headscarf.
- A type of joint in woodworking.
- To throw on loosely; to put on like a scarf.
- My sea-gown scarfed about me. -- Shakespeare.
- To dress with a scarf, or as with a scarf; to cover with a loose wrapping.
- (context, transitive, slang) To eat very quickly.
- You sure scarfed that pizza.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for scarf for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of scarf