- An ordered numerical sequence used for measurement.
verb (scal, ing)
- Please rate your experience on a from 1 to 10.
- size, Size; scope.
- The Holocaust was insanity on an enormous .
- The ratio of depicted distance to actual distance.
- This map uses a of 1:10.
- A means of assigning a magnitude.
- The magnitude of an earthquake is measured on the open-ended Richter scale, Richter .
- (music) A series of notes spanning an octave, tritave, or pseudo-octave, used to make melodies.
- A device for measuring the weight of an object.
- (transitive) To change the size of, maintaining proportion.
- We should that up by a factor of 10.
- (transitive) To climb.
- Hilary and Norgay were the first known to have scaled Everest.
- (intransitive) (computing) To tolerate significant increases in throughput or other potentially limiting factors.
- That architecture won't to real-world environments.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for scale for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of scale