adjective (US spelling), savoury (UK spelling)
- Any of several Mediterranean herbs, of the genus Satureja, grown as culinary flavourings
- The leaves of these plants used as a flavouring
- Salty or Non-Sweet, non vegetable
Etymology: From the satureia.
- the mushrooms, meat, bread, rice, peanuts and potatoes were all good foods.
- tasty, Tasty, attractive to the palate.
- The fine restaurant presented an array of dishes; each was delicious.
- Not overly sweet.
- Savory duck contrasted well with the sweet sauce.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for savory for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of savory