- In various sports, a block that prevents an opponent from scoring
verb (sav, ing)
- The goaltender made a great .
- (baseball) When a relief pitcher comes into a game with a 3 run or less lead, and his team wins while continually being ahead
- Jones retired seven to earn the .
- (professional wrestling slang) A point in a professional wrestling match when one or more wrestlers run to the ring to aid a fellow wrestler who is being beaten.
- The giant wrestler continued to beat down his smaller opponent, until several wrestlers ran in for the .
(trans-top, block that prevents an opponent from scoring)
- Norwegian: redning
- (transitive) To help (somebody) to survive, or keep (somebody) from harm.
- (transitive) To keep (something) safe; to safeguard.
- (transitive) To store for future use.
- (transitive) To conserve or prevent the waste, wasting of.
- (transitive) To obviate or make unnecessary.
- (context, transitive, computing) To copy (a file) to disk.
- (context, transitive, theology) To redeem or protect someone from eternal damnation.
- (intransitive) To economize or avoid waste.
- (context, transitive, and, intransitive) To accumulate money or valuables.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for save for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of save