- Rock that is ground more finely than gravel, but is not as fine as silt (more formally, see w:Grain_size, grain sizes chart), forming beaches and deserts and also used in construction. Sand may be blown around by the wind; gravel is too heavy, and silt (on beaches) does not usually have time to dry out between tides.
- (often in plural sands) a beach or other expanse of sand.
- (obsolete) Personal courage (used before or around 1920s)
- A light beige colour, like that of typical sand.
- <table><tr><td>sand colour: </td><td bgcolor="
adjective (no (compar) or (superl))
- DBC7AB?" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- Of a light beige colour, like that of typical sand.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sand for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of sand