- a heading in a book highlighted in red
- an established rule or custom, a guideline
- a category or classification
Etymology: Through Old French from Latin rubrica (red ochre), the substance used to make red letters.
- That would fall under the of things we can ignore for now.
- (education) a printed set of score, scoring criteria for evaluating student work and for giving feedback
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for rubric for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of rubric