verb (rises, rising, rose, risen)
- The action of moving upwards
- An increase (in a quantity, price, etc)
- (UK, Ireland) A pay rise (rfv-sense)
- (intransitive) To move upwards.
- We watched the balloon .
- (intransitive, of a celestial body) To appear to move upwards from behind the horizon of a planet as a result of the planet's rotation
- The sun was rising in the East.
- (intransitive) To be resurrected
- He rose from the grave.
- He is risen!
- (intransitive) of a quantity, price, etc, To increase.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for rise for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of rise