verb (revis, ing)
- A review or a revision.
- (printing) A second proof sheet; a proof sheet taken after the first or a subsequent correction.
- (obsolete) To look at again, to reflect on
- To review, alter and amend, especially of written material
Etymology: From & réviser or revisare, from re- + visare "examine", frequentative of videre "see".
- This statute should be revised.
- To look over again (something previously written or learned), especially in preparation for an examination
- I should be revising, not editing Wiktionary! I have an exam in a few days.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for revise for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of revise