- The sale of goods directly to the consumer.
- To sell at retail, or in small quantities directly to customers.
- 2005, w:Plato, Plato, Sophist. Translation by Lesley Brown. w:Stephanus pagination, 223d.
- : a half part of this purveying is carried on within the city and is called retailing.
- To repeat or circulate (news or rumours) to others.
- Of, or relating to the sale of goods directly to the customer
Etymology: (verb) From retaillier.
- In retail quantities, or at retail prices
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for retail for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of retail