- (computing) w:Representational State Transfer, Representational State Transfer
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for REST for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of REST
- (uncountable) The relief from work or activity afforded by sleeping; sleep.
- The sun sets, and the workers go to their .
- (uncountable) Any relief from exertion; a state of quiet and recreation.
- We took a at the top of the hill to get our breath back.
- peace, Peace, freedom from trouble, tranquillity.
- Outside my window, the ocean was at .
- The repose afforded by death.
- She was laid to in the village cemetery.
- (music) A pause of a specified length in a piece of music.
- Remember there's a at the end of the fourth bar.
- (music) A written symbol indicating such a pause in a score.
- (context, physics, uncountable) absence, Absence of motion.
- The body's centre of gravity may affect its state of .
- (context, snooker, countable) A stick with a U-, V- or X-shaped head used to support the tip of the cue when the cue ball is otherwise out of reach.
- Higgins can't quite reach the white with his cue, so he'll be using the .
- (countable) Any object designed to be used to support something else.
- She put the phone receiver back in its .
- He placed his hands on the arm rests of the chair.
- (obsolete) To remain.
- To be left (in a specified condition).
- Rest assured that I will do my best.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for rest for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of rest