- admiration for a person or entity because of perceived merit
- He is an intellectual giant, and I have great for him.
- regard for the rights of others; tolerance
- (always plural): Polite greetings, often offered as condolences after a death.
- The mourners paid their last respects to the deceased poet.
- a particular aspect of something
- With to his personal hygene, I suggest that he shower more often.
- to have respect for.
- She is an intellectual giant, and I her greatly.
- to have regard for the rights of others.
- I your right to hold this belief although I think it is nonsense.
- to consent to abide by an agreement.
- They failed to the treaty they had signed, and invaded.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for respect for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of respect