- One who may speak for another in a particular capacity, especially in negotation.
- I will send a representative to work out the details of the contract.
- A member of the w:US House of Representatives, US House of Representatives.
- All representatives face re-election every two years.
- (mathematics) A designated member of an equivalence class.
- We usually choose 0 and 1 as representatives of the even and odd numbers.
- Typical; having the same properties of interest as a larger group.
Etymology: From representatif.
- Are you sure this paper is representative of your child's writing?
- If you took all the fools out of the legislature, it wouldn't be a representative body anymore. — Texas State Senator Carl Parker.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for representative for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of representative