- The act of removing something, especially removing a dish at a meal in order to replace it with the next course
- A dish thus replaced, or the replacement
verb (remov, ing)
- (British) (at some public schools) A division of the school, especially the form prior to last
- A step or gradation (as in the phrase "at one remove")
- (transitive) To move something from one place to another, especially to take away
- He removed the marbles from the bag.
- (transitive) To murder someone
- (cricket),(transitive) To dismiss a batsman
- (intransitive) To change one's residence
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for remove for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of remove