- (software) A version.
- Anything recently released or made available (as for sale).
verb (releas, ing)
- ''The video store advertised that it had all the latest "releases".
- That which is released, untied or let go.
- They marked the occasion with a of butterflies.
- To lease again; to grant a new lease of; to let back.
- To let go (of); to cease to hold or contain.
Etymology: From relaisser (variant of relacher).
- He released his grasp on the lever.
- To make available to the public.
- They released the new product later than intended.
- To free or liberate; to set free.
- He was released after two years in prison.
- To discharge; to
- They released thousands of gallons of water into the river each month.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for release for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of release