- (transitive) To bend back (light etc) from a surface.
- A mirror reflects the light that shines on it.
- (transitive) To mirror, or show the image of something.
- The shop window reflected his image as he walked past.
- (transitive) To bring as a consequence.
- The team's victory reflects the Captain's abilities.
- (intransitive) To be bent back.
- The laser light was reflected from the spaceman's visor.
- (intransitive) To give evidence of someone's or something's character etc.
- The teacher's ability reflects well on the school.
- (intransitive) To think seriously; to ponder or consider.
- People do that sort of thing every day, without ever stopping to on the consequences.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for reflect for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of reflect