- (onomatopoeia) a sound made by loose objects shaking or vibrating against one another
verb (rattl, es)
- I wish they would fix the under my dashboard.
- a baby's toy designed to make sound when shaken, usually containing loose grains or pellets in a hollow container
- (transitive) (ergative) to create a sound by shaking
- Rattle the can of cat treats if you need to find Fluffy.
- (transitive) to scare, startle, unsettle, or unnerve
- The accident really rattled him.
- (intransitive) to make a rattling noise; to make noise by or from shaking
- ''I wish the dashboard in my car would quit rattling.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for rattle for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of rattle