noun (rall, ies)
verb (rall, i, ed)
- (squash) (table tennis) (tennis) A sequence of strokes between serve, serving and score, scoring a point.
- A demonstration.
- (motor racing) An event in which competitors drive through a series of timed special stages at intervals. The winner is the driver who completes all stages with the shortest cumulative time.
- To collect, and reduce to order, as troops dispersed or thrown into confusion; to gather again; to reunite.
- To come into orderly arrangement; to renew order, or united effort, as troops scattered or put to flight; to assemble; to unite.
- To collect one's vital powers or forces; to regain health or consciousness; to recuperate.
- To recover strength after a decline in prices; -- said of the market, stocks, etc.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for rally for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of rally