- the absence of sound; quietness
- the absence of movement; stillness, tranquility
- To become quiet, silent, still, tranquil, calm.
- To cause someone to become quiet
- With little or no sound; denote, denoting absence of disturbing noise.
- Having little motion or activity; calm (the sea was quiet; a quiet night at home;all quiet on the Western front.)
- Not busy, of low quantity; (the traffic was quiet for a Monday morning; business was quiet for the season.)
- not talking much; or of not talking loudly; reserved
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for quiet for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of quiet