verb (queries, querying, queried)
- A question or inquiry.
- (computing, databases) A set of instructions passed to a database.
Etymology: An anglicisation of quere, an obsolete variant form of (term, quíre, lang=la).
- (transitive) To ask, inquire.
- (intransitive) To ask a question.
- (transitive) To question or call into doubt.
- (computing, databases) To pass a query to a database to retrieve information.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for query for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of query