- an individual item one has purchased
- The act of seeking, getting, or obtaining something (e.g. property, etc.)
- The acquisition of title to, or property in, anything for a price; buying for money or its equivalent.
verb (purchas, es)
- They offer free with the of a drink.
- That which is obtained, got, or acquired, in any manner, honestly or dishonestly; property; possession; acquisition.
- That which is obtained for a price in money or its equivalent.
- He was pleased with his latest .
- (uncountable) Any mechanical hold, or advantage, applied to the raising or removing of heavy bodies, as by a lever, a tackle, capstan, and the like
- It is hard to get on a nail without a pry bar or hammer.
- the apparatus, tackle, or device by which such mechanical advantage is gained
- (rock climbing, uncountable): the amount of hold one has from an individual foothold or ledge
- Acquisition of lands or tenements by other means than descent or inheritance, namely, by one's own act or agreement.
- To pursue and obtain; to acquire by seeking; to gain, obtain, or acquire.
- To obtain by paying money or its equivalent; to buy for a price
- to land, to a house.
- To obtain by any outlay, as of labor, danger, or sacrifice, etc.
- to favor with flattery.
- To expiate by a fine or forfeit.
- To apply to (anything) a device for obtaining a mechanical advantage; to get a upon, or apply a to
- to purchase a cannon.
- To put forth effort to obtain anything; to strive; to exert one's self.
- To acquire wealth or property.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for purchase for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of purchase