noun (punches, -)
verb to punch (third-person singular simple present punches, present participle punching, simple past punched, past participle punched)
- (countable) A hit or strike with one's fist.
- (countable) A device, generally slender and round, used for creating holes in thin material, for driving an object through a hole in a containing object, or to stamp or emboss a mark or design on a surface.
- (countable) A mechanism for punching holes in paper or other thin material.
- (countable) A hole or opening created with a punch.
- (uncountable) A beverage, generally containing a mixture of fruit juice and some other beverage, often alcoholic.
- (uncountable) power, Power; impact; strength; oomph.
- To strike something or someone with one's fist.
- To employ a punch to create a hole in or stamp or emboss a mark on something.
- To accelerate.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for punch for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of punch