- The people in general, regardless of membership of any particular group.
- Members of the may not proceed beyond this point.
- 2007 May 4, Martin Jacques, w:The Guardian, The Guardian
- :Bush and Blair stand condemned by their own publics and face imminent political extinction.
Etymology: From publicus
- Pertaining to the affairs or official affairs of all people, not just those of a private group; contrasted with private.
- Open to all.
- Funded by the government.
- (context, of a company) trade, Traded publically via a stock market.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for public for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of public