verb (prowls, prowling, prowled)
- To be on the lookout for some prey.
- Watch the lioness prowling in the shrubbery for zebras.
- To be watching over something.
- It's tough to sneak vandalism into Wikipedia as there are plenty of other users prowling the recent changes page.
- To fanny about, seemingly aimlessly.
- That dandy has nothing better to do than around town all day in his pinstripe suit.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for prowl for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of prowl