- A person who actively favors or strives for progress toward better conditions, as in society or government.
- Favouring or promoting progress; advanced
- Gradually advancing in extent; increasing
- Promoting or favoring progress toward better conditions or new policies, ideas, or methods
- a progressive politician
- progressive business leadership
- Of or relating to a w:Progressive Party, Progressive Party
- "This is history we have made," said Dexter Randall, a 59-year-old dairy farmer and newly elected Progressive representative from North Troy.http://www.progressiveparty.org/news/view/?id=66
- Of or relating to progressive education
- a progressive school.
- Increasing in rate as the taxable amount increases
- a progressive income tax.
- Advancing in severity
- progressive paralysis.
- euphemism for obscene
- a progressive picture.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for progressive for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of progressive