noun (countable and uncountable; plural procedures)
- A particular method for performing a task.
- A series of small tasks or step taken to accomplish an end.
- (uncountable) The set of established forms or methods of an organized body for accomplishing a certain task or tasks.
- Ensure that you follow procedure when accessing customers' personal information.
- The steps taken in an action or other legal proceeding.
- ``Gracious procedures.'' --w:I. Taylor, I. Taylor.
- (computing) A subroutine or function coded to perform a specific task.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for procedure for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of procedure