- (context, finance, uncountable) The money originally invested or loaned, on which basis interest and returns are calculated.
- A portion of your mortgage payment goes to reduce the , and the rest covers interest.
- (North America, Australia) The principal administrator of a school.
- Now you're in trouble! You're going to see the for that.
- A company you represent in as a sales person.
- One of my principals sells metal shims. I can get those for you.
- Primary; most important in a group.
- Smith is the architect of this design.
- The cause of the failure was poor planning.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for principal for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of principal