- A textbook formerly used in w:Primary education, primary education to teach the alphabet and other basic concepts.
- (biology) A single-stranded nucleic acid molecule required for the Wikipedia:DNA_replication, initiation of replication of a DNA molecule.
- Any substance used to start a fire.
- A small charge that burns furiously when given sufficient electrical current (w:blasting cap, Explosive primer) or when struck with force (w:Percussion cap, percussion caps) that ignites the main combustion, combustable substances in explosives or ammunition.
- A layer of paint designed to underlay a topcoat, used to enhance the adhesion and durability of the topcoat and help in protection of the surface.
- A device used to circulate gasoline into the ignition chamber of an engine.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for primer for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of primer