- a religious clergyman who is trained to perform services or sacrifices at a church or temple.
Etymology: preist < prÄost
- The priest at the Catholic church heard his confession.
- The Shinto priest burnt incense for his ancestors.
- The israelite priests of Yahweh"s temple were descended from Moses' brother Aaron.
- a blunt tool, used for stunning and killing fish
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for priest for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of priest