- An adverse judgement or opinion formed beforehand or without knowledge of the facts.
- Any preconceived opinion or feeling, whether positive or negative.
- An irrational hostile attitude, fear or hatred towards a particular group, race or religion.
- The damage caused by such fear or hatred.
Etymology: Old French, from Latin praejudicium - previous judgment, damage.<br>prae- before + judicium judgment
- To have a negative impact on someone's position, chances etc.
- To cause .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for prejudice for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of prejudice